Managing the servers that make up
today's complex Internet applications is an important
element in the overall NEMA solution. Well beyond simple
hardware break-fix support, NEMA manages the
foundational software - OS, Web Server, Application
Server, Database - that supports the overall
application. The services start and end with
comprehensive customer support and is enhanced with
design services, system provisioning, advanced
monitoring and the most sophisticated data center
infrastructure in the industry.
NEMA's Managed Server support starts before the client's
first server is installed. Effective planning ensures
long-term performance, availability and customer
satisfaction. Early customer engagement includes:
- Definition of the site requirements and
architectural design specifications.
- Development of a detailed project plan including
scheduled design reviews.
- Consideration of dedicated or shared network and
load balancing configurations.
- Detailed financial proposals for provisioning,
installation and monthly services for hardware and
software system components.
A successful deployment of an online business is
critical to its success. NEMA works with every customer
through each step of the process to ensure the highest
level of quality and satisfaction at each step. A
Technical Account Manager operates as the single point
of contact throughout the customer engagement with NEMA.
Depending on their specific business and technical
needs, customers receive:
- Installation and configuration of Unix and Windows
servers from Sun and Compaq and other system hardware
with IP connectivity.
- Installation and configuration of foundation
software including Operating System, Web server,
Application Server, Database, as well as Web site
reporting and system monitoring software.
- DNS registration, configuration and IP address
- Setup and configuration of Secure Remote Access
for secure system administration from the customer
- Setup of customer account within the NEMA customer
care portal, where customers can track systems
performance statistics, service metrics, update
customer information, modify rules of contact, review
processes and procedures.
Monthly Managed Services
NEMA's Managed Servers solutions deliver the highest
level of managed hosting services to assure continuous
high-performance and system availability. Monthly
- 24 x 7 system monitoring including OS, database,
application server, CPU, disk and memory utilization.
- Problem detection, notification, investigation and
- Timely updating of operating systems patches and
service packs to assure optimum performance.
- System administration functions such as tape
restore, server reboots, add/delete passwords, DNS and
IP address changes and DNS domain changes.